You wash your face every night. You buy the best night cream money can buy. And if your diet was any healthier, you’d be eating straight out of the garden with a fork and knife. So why is your skin still acting out? Why does it still look so dry and dull?
If you’re like many people wanting clearer, younger, healthier looking skin and you feel as though you are doing everything right, you may want to consider looking to your liquid consumption.
Things like soda, juice, alcohol, and energy drinks, even with low sugar content, are no substitute for water where our bodies and our health are concerned. Even poor quality water has many things in it not meant for our bodies to consume. That means, there must be an “exit plan” for all those toxic particles and sugars inside our bodies. Hence, dull, dry, ashy skin, bad breakouts, premature wrinkles, eczema, psoriasis, or other skin problems. A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the skin.
1. Keeps Acne and Other Skin Disorders at Bay. When we are dehydrated, our skin excretes a different kind of oil and sebum. These changes in the oil glands are associated with an increase in acne formation. When you drink enough water, the concentration of oil in the skin decreases, fending off breakouts. Drinking enough water also combats skin disorders like psoriasis and eczema.
2. Promotes Anti-Aging Properties. Drinking enough water plumps skin, making fine lines and wrinkles less visible and bringing out a more radiant natural glow. This also increases skin elasticity. It’s not a permanent fix, though, unless you consistently drink enough water. As soon as you stop, you’ll notice the difference.
3. Detoxifies. Water helps to flush out waste and bacteria the proper way, eliminating breakouts on the face and other parts of the body. It does this by increasing the metabolic rate and improving the digestive system. This gives you a healthy, even, glowing complexion.
4. Improves Skin Texture. Building new cells requires water. Without it, new cells cannot be formed properly. That means, no soft, supple skin to brag about. Renew your rightfully radiant, natural skin tone and drink some water.
5. Transports Nutrients. Water helps to transport all the vitamins and minerals you consume throughout your body. Without water, your body, skin included, will be deprived of nutrients, giving it a dull, ashy appearance. Give your skin the nutrition it needs.
Applying Water Topically:
6. Provides Long-Term Hydration Solutions. There are plenty of water-rich eye gels, facial moisturizers, and body lotions of which you can use for long-term skin care solution. Because moisture easily evaporates from the outermost layers of your skin, it is important to apply moisturizers regularly. This ensures that this typically dry, ashy layer of skin is protected from the harsh elements through hydration.
7. Restores Under Eye Area. As the water evaporates from the skin, the surface becomes cooler and because the skin under your eyes is thinnest, it is also more sensitive. Splashing cold water on the eyes can reduce this eye puffiness. When applied to the under eye area, a cold water compress can also help to reduce under-eye inflammation. Even dark circles will begin to fade.
8. Reduces Damage. Soaking in a cold shower or cool, calming bath for two to three minutes will help rejuvenate your skin by helping to calm your nerves and reduce any stress-related damage to the skin. But be careful, when skin is exposed to water for too long, it can start to strip the natural oils from your skin.
9. Tightens The Skin. To get skin tightening benefits, try this home water therapy technique. Assuming you don’t have a steam room in your home, soak a washcloth in steaming hot water and then place it flat on your face. Next, splash your face about fifteen times with cold water. This helps to close the pores, helping to seal them to prevent getting clogged.
10. Reduces Redness. Another advantage of a cold water bath or the water therapy technique mentioned above is that they eliminate redness of the skin and set the skin up for better makeup application. This also reduces the appearance of acne by reducing redness and inflammation around the affected areas.
Healthy skin starts with water. When used both inside and outside the body, water can restore your skin’s glowing beauty and your overall wellness, all while boosting your self-esteem. That’s something we could all use a little more of.
As long as the water source is pure and clean, your skin will thank you. Redness will disappear, puffiness will fade away and damage will heal. You will see and feel the difference almost immediately. Harness these and many more amazing benefits today just by simply drinking 8 to 10 eight-ounce glasses of water per day.
What are you waiting for?